Thursday, December 04, 2008

Generation Gap

I have 3 younger sisters and a younger brother who are still teenager. I remember back when I was in my teens, things that I like; music that I love, movies that I like and what hot and what’s not. My teens years was in the 90s, where boyband were really IN during that time; BSB, N-Sync and bunch others boyband from UK which I’m not really a FAN of. Seriously, I’m NOT INTO boyband, but you know how high school was, when everybody talks about it, praise them like GOD, you kidda…sometime…interested to know THEM. But I’m not really a fan, I just knew their songs, knew the band’s name, that’s it! I was however, into underground music at that time. My circles of friends lend me a tape of Butterfinger, OAG and even the local band that recorded their performance live (I know this because of the poor sound quality). I was also into Hong Kong movies and dramas. I don’t know why, I watch them like since...I can’t remember…maybe since TV3 is available in Sabah. Because I remember every weekday at 6pm, I was in front of TV watching TVB dramas. Or maybe before that, coz I also remember watching it at TV2, but I can’t really understand at that time what happening.

Anyway, teenagers today were more advance than us, and a lot cooler too. They have internet, computers and handphone since…I don’t know, birth! And their more expose to the outside world via TV, ehm..ASTRO. As I observe my sisters and brother, they also easily can get what they want; mainly because my parent can afford it today, and they have a lot of choices out there, they can do what the hell they want to do!

Okay, move on to the things that they like. I wonder this A LOT; what’s up with Miley thing??? I mean really, why she suddenly BIG. It turn out my sisters were crazy about her, I still don’t get it why but now I understood why she is a big star. They are also CRAZY about High School Musical; I mean HSM is their all-time fave movies trilogy. Mine was Lord of The Ring trilogy and my big bro maybe Godfather (I don’t know, I just guess). See…its generation gap thing. I believe it soon change once they enter college and university, and to the ‘young adult’ world.

What else they like…oh…my young brother love shuffle(???). At first I was confused what the hell is shuffle, all I know about shuffle is something you click to make the songs in your MP3 to go random. Hahahaha…I know it’s not funny, it’s pathetic actually to finally realize I’m no longer hip, young and dangerous (hint: HK movie). Okay, it basically a form of dancing but mainly using feet to moves. I think saw it before from one of my student assignment, but I believe you can search it at YouTube. I can’t put any link or reference coz I wrote this offline; I don’t have internet right now, why?? I live in a far far land where there is no 3G, or phone line. I can only use dial-up or GPRS but that is SUPER SLoooooW.

I think I stop now, it’s maghrib already and I running off ideas, Till next time…ciao for now.

No comments: