Tuesday, December 16, 2008

PTD Assessment (PAC) Dec 2008

YES, I finally pass the PTD exam after 4th try. When the assessment letter came, I was surprised coz this time it’s only 1 day assessment. Past PAC usually done in 2/3 days. Well I though maybe that’s a good thing, so we don’t need to run the ‘2.4 km’. Unfortunately that was not the case. PTD post this time will be offered as a contract basis, not permanent one, even you pass PAC and interview with a flying colour. You will only be offered permanent post after go through a few more evaluation, test and 6 month of Diploma Pengurusan Awam (DPA, I think???). They really make the PTD harder-to-get post, which is reasonable consider the pay and privileges the post offer.

Okay, now it’s the time for me to enlighten you with my miserable experience at PAC day. It has 3 activities all in a day. Activity 1 is a conversation or discussion in group in English. The topic for that day was about National Service, it is relevance or not? I’m good at speaking, I admit it. Because I was a tutor for 3 years and basically what I do was talk and teach every day. So I proudly admit that I spoke like a pro, except that I talked bullshit most of time that day. What I mean by bullshit is….BULLSHIT!!! I spoke and talked and talked more but no point or sense of direction what so ever. I felt like a loser but what the hell, you want me to talk, and I talk. But I do give 1 excellent point, I think...for me la...

Activity 2 also involve more talking, it’s a debate in Malay, and the title was “Working experience is more important than academic qualification”. During this session that I realize that my malay is sucked…big time! I’m a bumi, I speak malay all the time, but when it come down to proper Malay language, I failed. I still talked during the debate but with unpleasant words and even the evaluator translate some of the words for me. Seriously, I’m a shame to be Malaysian.

Now, the final activity, activity 3 is the endurance test. I admit, I’m not physically fit. Even if they still test us with the “2.4 km” run, I’m pretty sure I’m not gonna pass that. But with only a day PAC, they changed the run to 5 endurance exercise which I cannot recall the name of each exercise. Out of 5 exercise, I give up 1 and barely do the other 2.

So I'm not confident I'm going through to next round (the interview). But what the hell, at least I'd tried and had one-unforgettable experience. BTW, I'm at the airport right now, going to JB and bravely start a 'new life' there. I know maybe some of you thought I'm a fool for going through this 'master' plan, instead of staying and accept the DG41 offer. But I really want to challenge myself as I confident with myself and I can offer more to THE WORLD....cheh....

Ciao, good luck to me!!!

1 comment: