Friday, November 07, 2008

Excuses

I don't know why I'm writing this, maybe because I'm sick of the excuses that I've seen or heard these days. Actually, these are not a new trend or new kind of excuses/word they use. These actually what most people usually give if they want to explain or trying to defend themselves.

First case, the Norman scandal. Frankly when my friends talk about this I was clueless...who THE HELL is Norman Hakim??? I have a disease of forgetting people's name, not just someone whose I didn't seen for a long time, even when I have their faces in my head or they stand in front of me, I do sometime can't recalled their names. Funny isn't... Plus the fact that I don't follow local Malaysian entertainment industry make the matter worse. Of course I know who's he now, its all over the internet!

What amazed me about this scandalous event is the reply he was giving, according to this article, it sooo 'scripted' and most well-known excuses...EVER! What am I talking about???

"Kalau sudah ditakdirkan tuhan saya kahwin lagi, tiada apa lagi yang dapat saya lakukan."
(If it my fated to marry again, there's nothing I can do)

Okay, maybe that's not the exact quote, but it was close. Why ppl always gave 'fated', 'God willing' as an excuse. Maybe that what God plan for you, but the road you choose to get there is all yours, isn't??? I don't want to be bitchy or busybody about this, but pls la..takde ayat lain ke???

Next case is so classic, I wanna throw up just hearing about it. I heard this while watching Bernama TV. It about how Yusry-the director commented on the CGI that they use in Cicakman2.

"Jangan banding filem kita dengan filem luar, budget kita tak banyak jika dibandingkan dengan Hollywood"
(Don't compare our film to the other country, our budget is very limited and small compare to Hollywood)


If that the case, than why you want to make 'Hollywood' style film? Why not just use the budget wisely and produce small budget picture with high quality storyline, actors, sound dubbing and so on...(actually I'm not good with film concept) and put more creativity rather than special effect. I've seen many low budget film from outside, and most of them were VERY GOOD. Sometime because of the budget constraint, they use they own creativity to replace or change the way the shoot the film.

Maybe I'm not qualify to comment about our film industry or Malaysian entertainment at all. I can't remember the last time I watch Malay movie (maybe it was Buli...ehm..), not just in cinema, I don't watch it on TV a well. Maybe I should... I'd tried once, during raya, watching I'm not Single coz my sisters love it, but I can only manage to hang on for 10 minute, after that if I'm not mistaken I watched Mythbuster, or maybe CNN...

No comments: