Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tip of Borneo


I don't know why I waited this long to go here. Maybe because I'm Sabahan, so I don't really paying attention what we have on our own backyard. When I realize I'll be leaving Sabah SOON, I know I have to fuel-up my adventurous side, and start traveling and visiting the best places we have here.

As you guyz read and saw in my blog lately, I've been going all out for couple of weeks now. Involving my self with student's project so I can have 'free' and cheap holiday, visiting Manukan Island with my x-housemate from KL (as pic from below post), and last Saturday, I pack-up my housemates and drove them to the heaven on earth, to the end of Borneo, the Tip of Borneo or we Sabahan called it Tangjung Simpang Mengayau.


Simpang Mengayau located in Kudat, the northern part of Sabah. It takes about 3 hours drive from Kota Kinabalu, less if you drive faster than me. Along the way to Kudat, you will see a lot of beautiful scenery of paddy fields, and even Mount Kinabalu as the background! Unfortunately because I was driving, I can't capture that beautiful moment. Mount Kinabalu actually can be seen aroung Kota Kinabalu, as long as the weather is clear. I saw it while on the boat ride to Manukan island 2 weeks ago.

My first thought when we arrive there was this place is perfect for suicide. I hope no one actually do THAT(simpang malaikat 44), and my thought was weird sometime...or any other time. Anyway, the reason I thought that coz the tip is actually a dangerous place. The wave were strong, coming from both South China sea and the Sulu, and there are many hard big rocks surrounding the area.



The best part for me was not the Tip itself, but the beach. It actually dangerous to swim there as the wave were very strong, especially during this time of the year, the rainy season. But you can resist to put your feet under the water as the sea looks green and the white sandy beaches look sparkling from afar. With no one actually on the beaches that day make it like 'you own' the beach! However, because we didn't brought extra clothes, plus hungry and my housemates have to work at 4pm that day, we didn't spend much time on the beach. By 12, we go to Kudat town and eat lunch before we journey back home. That short little time we have was amazing, and that was I hoping to put on my mind FOREVER.

Next stop, or rather next "GOAL" (coz I'm not sure if I have the "money" to go there) is SIPADAN!!! I know, I'm tawaurian, it basically like an hour from Tawau but I never go there! This time I wanna make it happen. GOOD LUCK TO ME!

No comments: