Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jakarta...

I just got back from Jakarta, and I feel a little bit 'holiday-ish' till today. I woke-up late in the morning, resulting me being late to the office.

Well, Jakarta is nothing like KK or KL. It's true what all the online reviews had about Jakarta traffic. "Macet nya teruk sekali!!!" Yes, traffic jam is a nightmare there. If you are planning to go there, make sure hire a very good 'supir'(driver, of course with a car la..) that can drive you around the city. Here's a tip, DON'T RENT A CAR! It's not gonna cost you much to hire a driver, trust me.

Most Malaysian go there to shop, right. To tell you the truth, the price is not that cheap. Even if it cheap, it still not worth go miles a way just for shopping. First, the quality not that good and second the price is almost the same with Malaysian MegaSale in KL; for me la... (my opinion maybe differ than others coz I'm not a good 'shooper'). The only best place to shop for me is in Bandung's factory outlets! Because there is where all the branded items were sold in a very, I repeat, very very cheap price. Factory outlets is heaven for shopperholic! It's just that during my visit, it was our last destination and I was already run out of money, so......

The journey itself was fun. Seeing another culture is so eye opening for me. We maybe talk the same language, well almost the same... but they use it in a different way. For example, sport we called 'sukan' but Indonesian will not understand it when we want to find 'kedai sukan' (sport stores) coz they called it 'olahraga'!!! It take us 2 days to finally found the 'Olahraga' stores.

Maybe I'll continue it later...I have to go coz it almost 5. I'm fasting today, you know why la... soon will be ramadhan, so bayar puasa la...apa lagi...

Oh, the pixs are in my flickr or you can check the slideshow... CIAO!!!

2 comments:

borneotrekker said...

siokkk ohh ko pigi jakarta! banyak makanan sedap kah sana? iya lama sdh kita tdk lepak sama2 kan. hmmm skrg nie penat saja sy....penuh saja nie schedule nie. kunun mcm vip. hehe! sy ikut itu borneo marathon bah...jadi mau kena training nie everyday! bukan kuat tapi saja mau cuba2 and for fun la. ko tdk mau join saya? hehe! sy ikut yg half marathon saja...

asse said...

Wah...marathon tu...rasanya aku ndak layak, sedangkan rentas desa time sekolah dulu selalu uncit, ni kan pulak marathon...GAMBATE ya!!!

Makanan jakarta sama jak, cuma aku d sana hari2 makan gado2, my favourite!!!